Permissions, Permits and Visas

Before you get too excited about your new idea, you will need to make sure you can get the required permissions to come and shoot in China. For the non-initiated this can be a bewildering and frustrating process. 

Luckily Mandarin Film has a great relationship with CARFTE (The China Association for Radio, Film and Television Exchange) which is the government body that deals with all permits for foreign crews shooting in China.  (It is the association under the umbrella of SAPPRFT –formerly SARFT -  State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television) 

Because we have two or three projects at any one time in with CARFTE, and more than eight years experience working with them, we are a trusted partner and can do everything possible to ensure a smooth and (relatively) pain-free navigation of the red tape. 

We also know what pitfalls to avoid, how to word shoot plans and projects to maximize their chances of success, and even which ‘minder’ from CARFTE to choose to make sure your shoot stays on track.   When you work with us, we provide a ‘starter pack’ giving information on the various information that will be required of you, and are with you every step of the way.